A very nice day yesterday and a great turn out at the Rotary Fall Festival. Rosie, the Mighty Mechanics and Brickheads were the life of the party! We had people from all over Agawam, Springfield, and surrounding towns asking about FIRST. We’ll see where this leads…
Flower orders need to come in Monday night…(tomorrow). Sue Peoples will be in to collect the paper copies.
We, Rosie, have an issue about the upcoming River Rage post season competition. The band has a practice next Saturday, the day before a competition for them. Half of the students signed up for RR are in the band and cannot go to NH. (Band is also a grade.) We may pull out and not go to River Rage. The trip is a thousand dollar day for the team and, unfortunately, to spend $1000 for 6 students and a couple mentors to go, well, it doesn’t make fiscal sense. Final decisions to made Monday night.
Good news! Rosie is a Platinum Grant recipient from PTC again this year! PTC is a national sponsor for both FRC and FTC as well as support teams throughout the country. Rosie had the honor of introducing PTC employees to FIRST back in 2007 and they have been “all in” ever since. See the bottom of this email for the requirements we have to comply with.
Ziti dinner—-1 Nov. How many tickets have you sold? We are also having a Chinese Raffle. Bring your raffle prizes in and bring a dessert please the night of the event.
One last item, I’ve heard some grumbling that there is nothing to do. Well, here is a list of items needing student attention with mentor help as well.
Here is a list of tasks that can be started/finished:
1. Programming- I asked the programmers to dive into vision. We need to automate any ‘aiming’ / ‘shooting’ for next season. Rosie 11.0 has a camera mounted on it. Where are we? What do you need?
2. I believe Creo is back up and running at AHS??? We can start conducting classes and students can download their free versions of Creo and Mathcad right now from the links below.
3. Machining training– how about we start making something. Anything. On the CNC. On a mill. On a lathe. –how about we make a new and improved Amber Light bracket. Or some more Jaguar mounts. Generic type hardware.
4. Savage Soccer- can we do SS? I don’t know? What mentor wants to run with it? I do not have time.
5. Website– are there any improvements to be made there? I think so. Do we have a student or two that want to take responsibility for it? (of course I/we need to feed them the information.) Do we have a Ziti Dinner page? Do we have an article to go into the Advertiser? Deadline is Monday noon for publication the same week. email@example.com
6. And last but not least, there is more organizational work to do.
So, in conclusion, I just came up with 6 items to work on. (My personal preference is the items presented are in priority order.) What else? We have a great set on mentors and volunteers. We have some great kids. Let’s make it better.
Team commits to:
· Currently using all 3 of the software solutions PTC offers (PTC Creo, PTC Mathcad and PTC Windchill)
· Use your PTC Windchill project to provide PTC Creo models & PTC Mathcad workeets for PTC to use for demonstrations, on our website, etc.
· Provide a detailed summary of how the team utilized the software, and submit your Creo models to PTC (PTC will provide a template).
· Display PTC’s CURRENT logo on the team robot, pit and website
· Register for Robotalk (weekly webinars begin in September)
· Participate in the PTC/FIRST Online Community. Share your FIRST experiences with other FIRST mentors and Ask PTC questions about PTC software!
Here are other helpful links to help get your team continue their success using our Product Development software.
· www.ptc.com/go/first – download PTC software (PTC Creo, PTC Mathcad, PTC Windchill)
· Online training materials – here you can access beginner and advanced training guides for PTC software
Last but not least….we are on FB and Twitter. Friend me and I’ll let you into the “secret” group, seen only by members and as always, our webpage is http://agawamrobotics.org